pe

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

pe

Postby kitty123 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:51 pm

in pe i just cant be bothered or see the point im one of those people who never get fat and my teachers mean and makes me run faster and when we have to swim i tell her i cant swimm and she just does nowt and tells me to do it any body have tips on how to be botherd doing pe so i dont get into as much trubble :?
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Re: pe

Postby Remus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Sounds exactly like me. I've always been quite slim and underweight and have never had the need to exercise but my PE teachers were horrible and just kept on bugging me. Luckily in Year 11, I just stopped going altogether.

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice though as I hated PE as well.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby LadyAnna » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:39 pm

When i was in primary school i had a teacher who was obsessed with pe. This sounds crazy even to me but we used to miss english lessons to do pe. Also at this time we had a new headteacher and a classroom assistant who was basically evil. Furthermore during these lessons i was repeatedly yelled at and ignored because i couldnt concentrate during football. Even now i am terrified of balls flying in the air. During that year my family complained to the school about the treatment during pe and the teachers never knew about my dyspraxia as the class teacher never told the head or the classroom assistant !!!!

Make sure all of your teachers know about your problems whatever they may be xxxxxxx
LadyAnna

Postby LadyAnna » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:39 pm

When i was in primary school i had a teacher who was obsessed with pe. This sounds crazy even to me but we used to miss english lessons to do pe. Also at this time we had a new headteacher and a classroom assistant who was basically evil. Furthermore during these lessons i was repeatedly yelled at and ignored because i couldnt concentrate during football. Even now i am terrified of balls flying in the air. During that year my family complained to the school about the treatment during pe and the teachers never knew about my dyspraxia as the class teacher never told the head or the classroom assistant !!!!

Make sure all of your teachers know about your problems whatever they may be xxxxxxx
LadyAnna

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:14 pm

P.E was ok in high school for the first three years are school's Senco was also a P.E teacher sohe helped me out with the excercises and let me do the sports i wanted to and then in he died and i stopped doing P.E the teachers make me do it and then in y11 my final proper school year i did a cope course so dropped p.e for it and now im a 6th former and we dont do p.e however i have learnt to swim and its one of the best things ive learnt to do. :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby olivia5 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Same Kitty, i'm afraid of balls going near me. I hate p.e so much and find any excuse to get out of it i still have 2 years of it. My p.e teacher always wants people to do p.e and thinks no one drops it and i always get very agitated cause I'm always the last one to picked because I'm going to be the rubbish one on the team.
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby wadey » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 pm

I hated PE too, and at first my teacher was mean to me, but after explaining to her about Dyspraxia she seemed to understood and if the PE lesson involed a lot of co-ordition she would let me do something else. My suggestion is that you talk to your teacher about Dyspraxia - some teachers dont understand what it is until you tell them!
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Rosie-posie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Glad im not the only one scared of balls flying through the air. I think exercise is good for everyone regardless of build etc its just the type of exercise thats offered in schools isnt often dyspraxia friendly like team games and running, maybe have a word with your teacher and see if theres anything else you could try instaed i recently read on here someone is doing pilates instead of p.e.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby olivia5 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 pm

My p.e teacher isn't too bad as she knows i have dyspraxia but she still makes me do ball games and people at school aren't considerate. I will thanks.
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby olivia5 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi,

I've finally told my SENCO about how I find P.E so bad. I am discussing P.E with her this week but what sort of sports would help? I find any type of ball skills hard and I have low muscle tone? (preferably not swimming ) as other posters have said this to me and my SENCO suggested this and I do not find this interesting and enjoyable!

Thanks!
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby EllieRoss » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi
I hate pe. Iam the slowest in my year at everthing! the teachers do not understant that i struggle with pe the only way i can get out of anything in pe is with a note!
But on the other hand I love to swim i swim four times a week at swimming club and i compete under dse (disablity sports events) and only swim against other dispraxics which is good swimming is the only form exersise that i can stand
EllieRoss

Postby _robyn_ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 am

When I was in primary school I was lucky enough that my teacher was dyspraxic.

I hated P.E until year 6 when the new teacher was dyspraxic. So she understood me and made P.E alot easier, to a point where I really enjoyed it :)
(although in secondary school I'm not liking it so much any more, but I still cope.)

The part I still hate is getting changed...buttons are impossible........

Only advice I an give it explain how your dyspraxic and that you are struggling.

As for swimming, I never learnt to swim so I go play squash instead with who ever is not swimming that week.

I'm REALLY lucky having a P.E teacher that understands :)
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby kitty123 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 pm

my pe problem is solved my senco said that i "refused" to do pe and she could see that it would become an increseing problem so i dont do pe i do exta english now so as i dont become a problem
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips