Dear normals.

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Dear normals.

Postby k9ruby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I have compiled a list of why being dyspraxic makes more sense than being *normal*.

Here goes:

Dear Normals,

1) Normals, where is the fun in kicking a peice of tatty leather into a net? Please enlighten me.

2) Normals, why do you have to cake your face in make-up/get drunk/smoke. Personally I feel that these things make me retch and feel really uncomfortable. I don't see the point in wearing a mask all day.

3) Normals, why do you hang around in groups with strange clothes, and have conversations that barely make sense? Why does 'normal' teenage conversation revolve around music and whos 'fit' (What is fit, exactly?).

4) Normals, why is it ok to talk about music, sports, celebrity scandels but when you talk about how FTPing something works people glaze over, or when you want to have a intelligent debate on evolution/religion/interesting topical issue people say you are entering a danger zone.

5) Normals, why do you say you like something when you don't? Surely that is just going to make things worse? Surely honesty is the best policy?

6) Normals, why do you wear clothes that are obviously not comfortable?

7) Normals, where is the pleasure in clothes shopping?

8) Normals, why is it bad to actually do your homework?

Thanks,

A confused dyspraxic.

This is what I so, so, so want to yell at people sometimes!
k9ruby
Site Admin

Re: Dear normals.

Postby k9ruby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Feel free to add your own to the list. :mrgreen:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Star » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Dear normals
Why is it funny to tease someone about their handwriting?
Why do you have to wear high heels and then complain that your feet hurt?
Why do you have to pick on people who aren't normal?
What is normal anyway?

Define normal please you people who consider yourselves to be more normal than the rest of us. (us being the quirky ones.)

Isn't being quirky better than going with the crowd??
Star
Mega Poster

Postby k9ruby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm

What is normal anyway?

Good question. :mrgreen:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Skinny3600 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 pm

dear normals why do you brag about what you did at social last night
why do you tease the clumsy and queit people.
why do you care what people with other views think
Skinny3600
Forum Master

Postby madame_tigre » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

Dear Normals,

Why do you form cliches? Can't you just be your own person?
Why you tell someone that they are your best friend then bitch about that person behind their back?
Why do you feel the need to get completely trashed and be gobby just to gain popularity?

I don't think 'Normal' exists either but these are a few common behaviours I've seen which i don't like. In a way, they can be mose socially clueless than we are because they don't understand people who are different, even though they'd never admit to it or even think about it. Atleast we can admit to being socially clueless
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Why do you form cliches? Can't you just be your own person?

So so, so, so true.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby the monk in question » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 am

what's wrong with talking about music?
he not busy being born is busy dying
the monk in question
Super Poster

Postby luckyzoe1234 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Why do you have to cover yourself in ttrucklodes of makeup to look nice then you end up looking like a clown.

Why do you walk on by when a persion trips and laugh as talk about them on the way out.

Why do you scream at the firebell only to make others scared (((i am terrified of firealarms in our school)))

Why is it you talk all lession but still get a lv.6 when i really try hard and only get a lv.4??

Why do you scream every time you get a tad of durt on you

I wonder why
luckyzoe1234

Postby kitty123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

dear normals
why is that you tease people because they use a laptop if you use one i wouldn't be calling you would I
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 am

I don't think being dyspraxic or not really makes a difference to whether someone is gonna get drunk. Being a bit drunk does wonders for my dyspraxia-induced social anxiety, although it's not something I'd really want to do more than once a week (I barely ever drink). Smoking is also not something I think really matters, very few teenagers smoke nowadays, it's more education than mindset.

Anyway, I want to know how normal people can sit still for an hour in lectures. ;)
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

No one can focus for a whole lecture in the front row of our lectures.

Then again, that would be a very loose definition of the word normal...

I know lots of "normal" pepole who are very nice, and I know some disabled pepole who are cruel and nasty. The two points have nothing too do with each other.

I have, however, noticed that pepole with disabilities tend to open up too me more when they find out I am disabled. This, to me, is a little worrying. Surely you shouldn't want to be friends with someone because they are disabled any more then you should want to not be friends with them for the same reason.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon May 03, 2010 10:52 am

I have, however, noticed that pepole with disabilities tend to open up too me more when they find out I am disabled. This, to me, is a little worrying. Surely you shouldn't want to be friends with someone because they are disabled any more then you should want to not be friends with them for the same reason.

I think these people would still want to be your friends anyway, but if you didn't have the experience of being disabled they maybe wouldn't find it so easy to talk about that part of their life with you.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Dizzy D » Wed May 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Dear normals,
Why is it you stand and snigger juust because some one might have boys shoes just for the dimple fact they are slip ons and don't pinch and when some one has trainers with velcro it it to babyish?
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby abi » Wed May 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Dizzy D wrote:Dear normals,
Why is it you stand and snigger juust because some one might have boys shoes just for the dimple fact they are slip ons and don't pinch and when some one has trainers with velcro it it to babyish?

or great fat boots (DMs)
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips