The comfort cat

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

The comfort cat

Postby Dizzy D » Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Ok this is going to sound realy weard but I find my cat realy helps when I'm stressed or I'v had a bad day where I can't seem to do anything right. If I'm stressed and upset :evil: then I sit down my cat jumpes up and curls up on my lap. Then I stroke him and I go from mad stressed crying lunotic to calm happy could do with a nap me. I find just his warm waight on my lap is comforting! So if your not alergik and can look after one get a cat mine makes me go from :evil: to :D
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Re: The comfort cat

Postby Steph » Wed May 26, 2010 9:32 pm

My cats have the same effect on me. Sadly I can't physically hold them but I love having them on my lap, especially when I'm down. When I was ten, I tried to run away from home after an argument with my siblings. One of the kittens we had then, who is sadly now deceased, started following me up the road and I decided to give up on the idea and return home as I didn't want him to be knocked down by a car while following me over the busy main road.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby ErinMaree » Thu May 27, 2010 10:59 am

I live with 3 cats and with outthem I would be dead! They bring joy to my life and when ever I am down they cheer me up! I love them to bits I love it when they sleep on my bed! I totally get what you mean about cats!
http://erin-marees-antics.blogspot.com/ please check out my blog love Erin xxx =^.^=
ErinMaree

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

I miss my cat. :(
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby abi » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 pm

through so much, my cats (now cat) have given me a reason for life, and a point around whish my world could revolve. i dont know if i would still be here if i diddent have my little blackie and my little hunter.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby award » Thu May 27, 2010 8:58 pm

I agree my cats are always a confort thing i have always found that to be the case
i relley donot know were i would be without them

Love you cats :P
-------------------------------------
Adam
award
Site Admin

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips