Human Biology

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Human Biology

Postby James Brimer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 am

Does anyone know the vertabra which allows the skull to move forwards and backwards????
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: Human Biology

Postby Piers1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am

what do u mean, the spine?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby abi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 am

i think its a combination of many bending by compressing the intervertibral discs, if the vertibrae slid flat over each other, it would sever the spinal cord (thats not good). it would be the cervical (neck) vertibrae that allow your haed to move.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby James Brimer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 pm

I am talking about the specific name for one bone of the spine, one singular bone in the spine being called a vertebra. I know the atlas Vertebra, the first one of your neck, allows the skull to move towards your chest and to stretch girdles head up, say to look at the sky. In your neck there are 7 vertebra. (Individual bones of the spinal column, also known as the Axial Skeleton. (Though the Axial skeleton also contains the skull, Vertebrae (the plural version of vertebra) and the ribs. While the Appedicular skeleton (An appendix being:Something appended or added). containing the limb girdles and the limbs. What I want to know is the name of the second Vertebra of the Cervical/Neck (the same thing). Is that a clearer question?? (that of course is a question in its own right :mrgreen: ).

James
James Brimer
Forum Master

Postby abi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm

oh, ok, thats a better question o awnser.
i think its called the axis, but id google that to be sure
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby James Brimer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 am

Thank you.

James
James Brimer
Forum Master

Return to Study Support