Tears

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Tears

Postby wm1995 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:52 pm

It seems from reading the forums that a lot of people get really angry. I don't seem to get this, but I seem to get upset. I can feel it coming on, and it happens sometimes when I know it's ridiculous (for example one teacher snapped at me for taking a long time to get out a sheet of paper, although I was confused by her instructions) - even at school. I used to burst into uncontrollable tears, but now I can control it enough that I can just stare at the table for about 15 minutes (when at school) with tears welling up, and be very quiet, although I cannot concentrate on what is going on. Fortunately it is quite rare (about once every two to three weeks), but I wanted to know if anyone experiences anything similar, and if they can suppress this completely.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Re: Tears

Postby Steph » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I cry very easily. I find I can't suppress the tears at all which can be very embarrassing and awkward depending on where I am at the time. I used to cry a lot when I was single because I used to get so low wishing I had a boyfriend so anything like romantic songs or movies would have me sobbing. Luckily I don't have that problem anymore but I still do cry very easily at things that most people wouldn't get upset by.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby abi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 am

when i was in school, this would happen a lot.
by a lot i mean, at the best times, once or twice a day, at the worst times, almost constant. when i left it went down to 2 or 3 a week, but now its back to about 1 - 4 a day, more the 4 end at the moment, but it is improving.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby James Brimer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 am

Though I don't cry a lot. I do when my identical twin is hurt. Even when I'm not in trouble and he is.
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Dizzy D » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:51 pm

It seems from reading the forums that a lot of people get really angry. I don't seem to get this, but I seem to get upset. I can feel it coming on, and it happens sometimes when I know it's ridiculous (for example one teacher snapped at me for taking a long time to get out a sheet of paper, although I was confused by her instructions) - even at school. I used to burst into uncontrollable tears,
I get this all the time, especially in maths in fact today I was crying because I'd done the method right I'd worked it out on a calculator but I STILL got it wrong! I was so upset because I thought I'd finally found something in maths that I could actually do I get upset when I get snapped at by teachers to :cry:
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby Dizzy D » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

I can just stare at the table for about 15 minutes (when at school) with tears welling up, and be very quiet,
I forgot this bit in my last post but it is so true I get this all the time and as I said especially in maths
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Oh, yeah. I cry a lot and very easily.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:07 pm

I remember back in primary school, I used to have real trouble and burst into tears quite easily and it continue into secondary school with all the hell that went on. These days though I can control myself a lot more now although on occasions I have had real trouble because my anxiety levels just are get so high.

I think I have just got weak tear ducts though as my eyes can water really easily. I only have to yawn and my eyes are watering.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby EmuCat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes! I always well up when stressed or when I get frustrated! I had a 6th form taster day recently, and we had to try and draw between the lines of a star...looking in a mirror. I started off well but got stuck at the angle (It's really hard!) and I just welled up. I tried to sniff it away and got a few odd looks, but I think not too many people noticed.
Odd thing is, my crying is usually silent. I well up and go absolutely silent and still (Unusual for me...) and the tears just run down my face and drip onto the floor/my lap/the table. People don't notice until they look at me or notice that I've gone quiet. It actuallu seems to effect people more than hysterical crying, which I rarely do, and if I do it's usually hormonal :/
I guess silent tears are more pathetic looking and induce pity :/

EmuCat
xxx
EmuCat

Postby Cynamon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I get both. I either get really angry, or really upset and cry.
Cynamon

Postby Alice » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:01 pm

I cried allot in primary school, and tried to bottle it up in secondary school. Even now I have trouble crying when I need to, although that doesn't mean I never do.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinksehenna » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeh i get real upset when im real stressed and abt something or something has gone horribly wrong. I just give up, lay my head on the table and just well up, ive done less of this recently, thinking there is a way to fix this. Also when Ive done something wrong at all, especially at school or being told off. For example, during my work experience I was a bit too informal, so theperson in charge of me had to call me to the office, and had a chat with me. She said some of the staff had told her Kaileigh's been saying this, and that,I started to feel it welling up, thinking this would affect my chances of accomplishing my ambitions, thinking i was so stupid. I kept on thinking this for the second week of my w.e, and throughout half term.

Also when people are laughing about me, like if I say something really brainless in class, they all laugh at me. Sniggering secretly. It would well up and I would carry on for the whole lesson. I'm not as bad now as before, now I just sort of just get quite depressed for the rest of the day, maybe welling up once in a while. I wouldnt talk to anyone cos then it would start again. Soz abt the massive story :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
pinksehenna

Postby Star » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Stress often makes me cry.
Star
Mega Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I get upset when something goes wrong, and I do cry, im getting better at controlling it. I think I get upset more than angry.
07williamsdj

Postby Wolf Spirit » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:47 pm

I cry a lot.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Next

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips