Dyspraxia Football Match

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Dyspraxia Football Match

Postby djm1988 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi my names Dominic and I have Dyspraxia and for years my main social problems have been with dancing and football. But I have always wanted to play football and people say that it's too late and I have missed the boat. Does anyone else feel like this they wish they could learn to play football like everyone else? So I was thinking it might be a good idea to organise a football team so we can work together and get a trainer to try and improve our football skills. Perhaps then we could organise a football match for people with Dyspraxia to improve our skills. Who's with me on taking this idea further?
djm1988

Re: Dyspraxia Football Match

Postby abi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

im sure there are many people intrested, but im not sure if its possible as we are all so spread out, there might be a local specal needs 'scene' where you can try to organise this. if you are reciving support, for example at school or college, there may be someone there who can help you.

i think that a sports team for dyspraxics would be a wonderful idea if we can get round the practical elements.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby Louise_tc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 am

There are teams, im on 1, you set one up in your area, look at the main dyspraxia, it's help's alot, try the website for your country,. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.dyspraxiaireland.com/footbal ... -FAI--.php
Louise_tc
Advanced Member

Postby CHill » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Dominic,

How did you go with finding a football team to join?

Kind regards,
CHill
CHill

Postby Remus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 am

Good luck with it. I'm sure there will be plenty of people interested, not me though! My world + sports = Disasters. Literally like petrol and fire going together, not a good combo.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Louise_tc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 pm

My ma found it on the internet you could set one up loads is being set up by people's parents ask one yours to help maybe
'I'm really bad at football but its fun and my friend does it with me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Louise_tc
Advanced Member

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:41 pm

In 6th form we were told to do a fundraiser for charity so we decided to do a 6th Formers Vs Teachers penalty shootout to raise money for the Dyspraxia Foundation and we are holding on Wednesday i am taking part. I am quite excited for it.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Louise_tc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 am

Get revanch on your teachers :twisted: :mrgreen:
Louise_tc
Advanced Member

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips