Circuit Diagrams

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Circuit Diagrams

Postby wm1995 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Does anyone find it takes them a long time to draw circuit diagrams for physics/electronics (as in significantly longer than the rest of the class)? I recently had to draw a circuit diagram including six seven segment displays, six 4511s and six 4024s, to say nothing of the astables, monostables and input buttons. My friend drew a nearly identical diagram, which took him half an hour. It took me five hours. Also, does anyone have any tips or tricks for drawing circuit diagrams? It's a shame because I love electronics and my project is really complicated, with at least 1000 wires.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Re: Circuit Diagrams

Postby abi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 pm

i fond the only thing to help with things like that are templates
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Oooh... I used to hate physics, one of my worst subjects. I hate drawing circuit diagrams, I could never do the symbols. Maybe you could get a stamp or something which would let you copy the symbol over instead of you drawing it.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wm1995 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Remus wrote:Maybe you could get a stamp or something

I found a piece of software which helps for coursework, but not in exams. It (the software) is called Yenka. Here's an excerpt from one of my projects, which took me about three hours to research, work out and put together:
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Return to Study Support