The Darkness

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

The Darkness

Postby James Brimer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:19 pm

I have recenly purchased a pair of sunglasses, and they seem to help with the headaches a lot, though I find if I keep my eyes open without them one for any length of time the headache comes back :evil: , which is incredibly anoying. :evil: :evil: :evil:
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: The Darkness

Postby bpcooper » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Yeah, it sounds like you might be sensitive to the light mate. Usually the headaches part is caused by the frequency of the lights which a few people with dyspraxia have.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 pm

I tried using sunglasses to block out input into my brain, but all that happened was that my irises did their job to well and I ended up at square one.

It's flashes and movement more than actuall light that get me anyway. Noise is my major enemy, but earplugs help hugely. When I was at the expo, I put them in about halfway through the first day and my friend commented that I seemed happier and more alert.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby James Brimer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm

the noise also hurts me as well, I havn't had a panic attack for ages, thanks to my trusts blue ear defenders, though people think I am weird when I walk through town with sun glasses (when its raining :mrgreen:) and blue ear defenders, but hey, I don't mind being told I look wierd.
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Alice » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:37 am

James Brimer wrote:the noise also hurts me as well, I havn't had a panic attack for ages, thanks to my trusts blue ear defenders, though people think I am weird when I walk through town with sun glasses (when its raining :mrgreen:) and blue ear defenders, but hey, I don't mind being told I look wierd.

I have long hair, so no one is any the wiser regarding earplugs. As for sunglasses, I only wear them for allergies (or sunlight) so it tends to be in summer. On those high pollen but damp and chilly days it doesn't look so weird because you see one or two allergy sufferers with oversized sunglasses. I've been considering getting an allergy mask to see if that helps, but only for when I'm in my own room since it's a bit mellodramatic.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips