Tips for reading?

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Tips for reading?

Postby Speedeh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 am

So for about a year now I've been trying to read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, it's one of my favourite storie and I'm sick of only knowing the disney version xD I want to know the real version so I've been determined to read the book, but I've only got through about 3-4 pages, in a YEAR, there has to be an easier way right? know any tips to make reading easier?

My mum has suggested ordering it in larger font size print, or reading it online where the paragraphs are spaced out more so it's not all in a clump, you have any ideas?
Speedeh

Re: Tips for reading?

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 am

Ebook reader or Audio book
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:43 pm

I agree with your mum, ordering large font size might be good if you struggle with small writing. Like James said Ebook reader might be good as well as an Audio Book.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Super Nekou » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 am

I love reading, but I find it incredibly easy to get distracted. Maybe this is a problem too? Though sadly I cant give any solutions to this as I havent found any myself yet >_> It's just a pain. I have a growing pile of books I want to read.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Postby M's Mum » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:53 pm

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/title/h/hnd.html has it as free mp3s, or you can download it in itunes - search for 'lit2go'. Better still, it's free. :)
M's Mum

Postby abi » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:16 pm

i find a less distracting reading envrionment helps, low lighting, and more recently i have been given coloured overlays which help a lot. also placing a ruler under the line you are reading so your eyes dont jusmp lines.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby smileygal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Why don't you try reading before you get to sleep as you will be relaxed and more focased ? it's allways what I do :D
smileygal

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips