Getting organised - iphone/android or paper filofax?

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Getting organised - iphone/android or paper filofax?

Postby M's Mum » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 pm

M wants something for Xmas to help him get organised. Something to keep track of assignments, due dates, where he's supposed to be & when...

What works for you? What would you like to have? If you use something electronic, what apps do you use?
M's Mum

Re: Getting organised - iphone/android or paper filofax?

Postby abi » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:19 pm

personally i like outlook on my computer, i would like an iphone, but i think i am to clumsy, last normal phone i had, i broke wothin a week. i even managed to break an old nokia (for thse that have never had one, the old ones are simple, but indestructable). i am now moving torwards a paper diary, i tried a filofax, but i found i lost bits of it.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Re: Getting organised - iphone/android or paper filofax?

Postby Danni » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 pm

I use an Android phone, as it very easily syncs with all my Google stuff.

I use Google calendar to keep track of when things are due, my timetable, appointments and stuff. I use Google Docs to write my college work, so I won't forget it or leave it at home. I also use GMail as my email client, as I communicate with my lecturers and tutor by email, and it means they're easily accessible on my phone.

Overall it works very well for me, and as all the data is stored on the internet, if I break my phone (not happened yet, but a possibility which dyspraxia) I'll still be able to access it from a computer. My main issue is remembering to put things on the calendar- when I do remember, I get a text message, a reminder on my phone and a reminder on my computer of what I have to do.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips