GCSE Results

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

GCSE Results

Postby xFCJ1995 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 pm

I had my English Language GCSE, Maths GCSE, and Chemistry, Physics & Biology module tests, and I'm really worried.

I know I shouldn't be worrying since there's nothing I can do until I get the results in January, but I'm terrified i won't do as well as I'm supposed to and will have to re-take them. I struggle with maths a lot, but my teacher still insisted I take my GCSE early. However, if I do get at least an 'A' in maths I will never have to do it again - thank goodness!
But i'm very scared that I did badly in the exam and will have to do another six months of maths lessons to re-take it :/

I'm not too worried about the sciences, since their only modular (12.5% of my overall GCSE), and I think they went quite well.

I am praying I have achieved what I wanted in English, since it's supposed to be my best subject, so if I can't do well in it what can I do well in ?

Like I said, I'm a bit scared x
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Re: GCSE Results

Postby wm1995 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Good luck! Unfortunately, I know sort of how you feel, because of all the controlled assessments etc. I try just to distance myself, and enjoy what I am doing, which is admittedly difficult if I'm writing an essay. I think the key is not to panic: even if you don't do as well as you hoped in some modules, you can retake them. For example, I had swine flu for the entire time that we had to do our History controlled assessment, and it still went OK.

Sorry if what I've said was irrelevant.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

Good luck with your results! I agree with everything William has said. I think as long as you have tried your very best and worked super hard at the end of the day, you couldn't really do nothing more at the end of the day. I hope you get good results and if you do, you can feel proud that you have got the results you wanted and if the worse comes to the worst and the results don't go the way you want, don't feel too discouraged because sometimes these things just don't go the way we want and we all have our off days.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

I know how you feel, I have just done chemistry, biology and physics module tests.
07williamsdj

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Good luck! I hope you did well!
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Study Support