Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Postby justme6565 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:12 pm

One thing I've discovered from having dyspraxia is that the ability to laugh at oneself is so so invaluable, I'd venture to say it's been the one thing that kept me sane. So what I was thinking is that maybe we could make a forum where we could all post dyspraxic moments that we're able to laugh at... Support in numbers, here!!!

I'll start:

Today, when I was pouring myself a glass of juice, I completely missed the glass, and the juice ended up all over the counter and ran onto the floor.
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Postby Cynamon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Yesterday I was making myself a cup of coffee.

After spilling the milk, dropping the coffee jar (luckily the lid stayed on) and pouring more water on the counter than in my cup, I couldn't find the spoon to mix it with, I got another one and mixed it with that instead. Later on I went out to make myself another cup of coffee.

The milk was still on the counter, and my spoon was in the fridge. :oops:
Cynamon

Postby xFCJ1995 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Today I had the unfortunate experience of a compulsory Volleyball 'tournament' in PE. As i'm sure you will all understand - PE is not my strong point, to say the least.

After over ten minutes of an ever-patient friend attempting to teach me how to serve - both he and the rest of my group and the teachers were in hysterical laughter as I time and time again failed to hit the ball. :oops:

I eventually hit the ball (so proud!)... only for it to hit the net and then bounce back in my face, much to the amusement of everyone watching :oops:

So yeah, quite embarrassing...but I did manage to laugh instead of cry!
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Postby Star » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Oh yes, the dreaded PE lesson..... I am so glad that I no longer have to do those. Probably the thing that I do the most often is get lost in a place that I know really well, my friends all find that funny.
Star
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:27 pm

I had one just today. I was going Christmas shopping in a local town that I go to quite regularly. I walked out of the train station and turned left looking for the big shopping centre. When I reached the level crossing, I realised I was heading out of the town centre so walked around for 20 minutes following the road signs only to discover that the shopping centre was directly opposite the train station-nobody could have missed it except me!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Star wrote:Oh yes, the dreaded PE lesson..... I am so glad that I no longer have to do those. Probably the thing that I do the most often is get lost in a place that I know really well, my friends all find that funny.

My super power is teleportation, I just don't get to pick when I use it or where I end up :wink: .
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby justme6565 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Star wrote:Oh yes, the dreaded PE lesson..... I am so glad that I no longer have to do those.

My thoughts exactly. I used to be so, so horrible at them... Many a teasing in Primary School.... :roll:
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Star wrote:Oh yes, the dreaded PE lesson..... I am so glad that I no longer have to do those. Probably the thing that I do the most often is get lost in a place that I know really well, my friends all find that funny.

*shudders* I don't find anything funny about PE lessons.

I was working in the pet shop the other day vacuuming (I official fail at vacuuming) with the little Henry and I was dragging it along and I manage to get it stuck by the shelf and I pulled it and the entire wooden shelf came down on it! :P I died.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Although it can get very annoying after a month, I manage to laugh at my attempts of walking up hill in the snow.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dizzy D » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 am

Lol, My worst is when I spent about two hours looking for my glasses just to find out they were on my face the whole time :lol:
Oh yes, the dreaded PE lesson
I'm going to take GCSE PE at my school because wearily it involves less physical PE because you do the theory as well like muscles and stuff that I'm good at.
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby Star » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 pm

I just dropped my housemates entire boox of long life milk cartons on the floor by accident and one of them burst. :oops:
Star
Mega Poster

Postby Creative » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 pm

I dropped a china dish ging down my friends steps. It was so funny!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:14 pm

In PE, when they say we're playing basketball, I play dodgeball.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby Calamity Jess » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm

For a PE lesson at school we were doing a cheerleading routine. Our teacher told us we would be preforming it infront of the whole school at the end of the term.
Everything was going suprizingly well, until I spun round and put my foot on a pom pom slipping over and ended up falling on my back.
It would have been a pretty easy moment to have lived down, had my PE teacher not filmed it and made us watch it again & again!
I had to laugh or else I would have cryed xD
Calamity Jess

Postby lirael101 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 pm

OK, new here, so here goes.

Pretty much the only building with more than one floor in my school is the science block. I swear whoever did my timetable hates me, cause I had Physics (upstairs), Chemistry (downstairs), and Biology upstairs. So on the way up to physics, I get my bag caught on the railing, slide all the way down on my skirt, get up and start marching back up... only to realise I've left my bag at the bottom. :oops: Finally make it to Physics, avoiding all mishaps save an incident with the doorframe, and survive the lesson. Come out of Physics and take the...ahem.... shortcut... to Chemistry. Then, joy of all joy, Biology, here I come! Make the stairs, 'Mission accomplished!' I think victoriously, only to teeter precariously at the very top and stumble into a lab tech with a tray of microscope slides! Me + anything remotely breakable = disaster.

We didn't look at animal cells under the microscope that lesson after all!

Hope you enjoyed!
Be yourself, don't take sh** from anyone, and never let them take you alive.
lirael101

Next

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips