Memory

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Re: Memory

Postby Lawzy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:45 pm

I have a terrible memory, I'll be talking about something and I forget what day it happened and the time. If someone asks me to do something chances are I'll forget if I don't write it down or do it straight away. It's annoying.
Lawzy
Power Poster

Postby CallumCarr » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:20 am

My memory is also very bad, when my mum asks me to do something she generally used to ask me to do 4 things at once. I would remember the first instruction but all the rest would be completely forgotten. Sometimes when my mum asks me to doone thing i have to ask her again because it seems to go in one ear and out the other :?
CallumCarr

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:53 pm

It helps to write things down. It also helps to have a routine, so you can get used to doing the same thing at the smae time and it fixes in your mind.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby smileygal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm so bad i had to go all the way up and re read all of the posts to remember what the sock problem was :S.
It's such a pain - espacially in french lessons were the teacher says to me what is: "...." and I just think huh? At leaset you can remember random facts, I can't :)
If anyone finds a way to sort this out please let me know!
smileygal

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm

I have a terrible memory when it comes to important stuff. when someone tells me a more than one task, a remember the first one or two but not the rest. I also forget where I leave stuff, even in my bedroom. I also only remember stuff in certain places. I remember interesting but useless facts, my friends like to ask me questions about random stuff, and I remember little uninportant events from years ago in alot of detail, while not remembering where or when im supposed to meet my friends. I tried writing notes but I end up loosing them. My friend reminds me of stuff and I remind him of stuff, we are both always leaving coats e.c.t in classrooms.
07williamsdj

Postby MARK » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:42 pm

YES I HAVE MEMORY LOSS AND IF SOMEONE INTERUPTS ME IN MID CONVERSATION I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING

LIVE LIFE BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE REGARDLESS OF YOUR ABILITY
MARK

Postby Alice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 pm

MARK wrote:YES I HAVE MEMORY LOSS AND IF SOMEONE INTERUPTS ME IN MID CONVERSATION I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING

shhh

Use your indoor voice :P
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Yep, I think one of the reasons why I'm not overweight is because I often run upstairs, forgot what it was I was after, go back down, remember again, go back up and forget again etc..
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby olivia5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes i do this a lot i tell my friends something and then forget i already told them.
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby alexc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

I experience this as well but only on some things (but my memory as a whole is terrible!)
alexc

Postby Fairy_19 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I just had my assessment today and didn't realise how bad my memory was!! But thinking about it I will forget what I'm saying half way through a conversation and someone will have to remind me. I will also forget what I am doing half way through doing it.
Fairy_19

Postby Alice » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 pm

I leave tea bags lying around because I forget what I'm doing halfway through going to make tea. That's only really when I'm stressed though, which makes my memory worse. A few times over my life I've "lost" a day, which can be a little confusing/frustrating.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Wolf Spirit » Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 am

Sometimes I forget things I have been recently told, mainly in lessons. However when I remember certain things from a long time ago, they are really clear memories.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Previous

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips