My Life As Dyspraxic

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

My Life As Dyspraxic

Postby mnwjm1981 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi,

My name is Matthew Munson and I'm dyspraxic. I'm a writer based in Kent and I have blogged about my experiences as a person with dyspraxia - and I'd be interested in your opinions.

http://vikingbay.blogspot.com/2010/10/dyspraxia.html

http://vikingbay.blogspot.com/2010/11/d ... guage.html

http://vikingbay.blogspot.com/2010/10/s ... n-bsl.html

Thank you,

Matthew Munson
mnwjm1981

Re: My Life As Dyspraxic

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi i had a look at your blog and it seems quite good but you don't need to post them on every topic of the forum thats spamming so please stop it.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm

...for which reason Matthew is now banned. Among others, he is twenty-nine years old; and he seemed to come here with no other purpose than advertising his blog.

This is the second time in the space of a fortnight that people have joined just to try and get us to visit their own sites (with no interest in actually talking to us). An employee of the Dyscovery Centre did it too. It's very rude, and I'm going to be much firmer about it in future.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Cynamon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Among others, he is twenty-nine years old;

Eep, should I stop posting here? I was 28 on the 15th. I stay here because I feel more comfortable here than I do on Dyspraxic Adults >.<
Cynamon

Postby parnassus » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:57 pm

There are some adults with dyspraxia and related conditions for whom DT is the right place to post, and from what you have written in the past, I think you're one of them. I remember one post from you in which you said that you wished you had Down's Syndrome or something that made you obviously 'different', so that no one would judge you for having supposedly childish hobbies and interests. Some people on this forum have an emotional age that is quite far below their chronological age, others have got global intellectual disabilities and find it less daunting to post on a teenagers' forum, some joined as teenagers and have simply stayed on. I've got no problem with adults who fall into one or all of these groups posting here, least of all you. You've been honest about your age from the moment you joined, you help others here, and DT helps you. :) The problem comes when twenty-nine-year-old men join the forum for no other reason than to draw attention to their blogs. That could be construed as manipulative, and it's not appropriate.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips