Fairground/Theme Park Rides

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Fairground/Theme Park Rides

Postby thelaughinggooner » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:52 am

Which is everyones favourite ride/type of ride???

and also, am i the only one that cant handle rides that spin, even the cup's and saucers make me feel ill, i was even sick on the roundabout at the park once
thelaughinggooner
Advanced Member

:-)

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:41 am

I adore fair ground rides, i will go on pretty much anything! LOL, my favortie colusus the ten loop rollacoster!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby madame_tigre » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am

Like Radioactive_hairgel, I love fairground rides, I adore theme park rides and I'm up for anything! My favourite rides are the kind which make you turn upside down.

I quite like the feeling of fear. Normally, when I'm on a really thrilling ride I think "I hate this ride. I want to get off!" but when the ride is finished my thoughts change and I'm likely to say "That ride was awesome! I want to go on it again!"

TheLaughingGooner - You are definitely not the only one who can't handle spinning rides. I know a lot of people who feel the same as you about them.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby thelaughinggooner » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:32 am

i love rollercoasters too, collossas is great.

tigre, i was wondering if it was a dyspraxic thing, but obvously its a me thing :D
thelaughinggooner
Advanced Member

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:55 am

i love rollercoassters and water rides
i hate waltzas they make my coordination a joke for a long time after them
i also lurve the dodgems
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fuzzy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:47 pm

I HATE fairground rides!! They make me feel sick! Anything that goes too fast or upside down I cant handle, that horrible stomach feeling, bleuch!!! I once went on one of the big rides at Alton Towers and when I came off i was shking and nearly sick; it was horrible!! But- I do like dogdems and the Waltzers!!! :D
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:15 pm

I agree with you, Fuzzy. Fairground rides make me feel so ill! Not that I've been on many, I'm too much of a wimp! I have quite a sensitive stomach, I get sea sick and even taking off in a plane makes my stomach lurch. Like Laughing Gooner, I thought this may be a dyspraxic thing.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby medrich11 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:52 pm

I am ready for any ride you throw at me. I could go on a ride that drives you backwards in pitch black with bugs projected around you and massive 400lb creatures freefalling inches away from you and come out happy.

After three rides on anything I can do the entire thing without batting an eyelid. Instead of sticking my hands up and shrieking, I fold my arms and yawn.

I LOVE THRILL RIDES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby fuzzy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:07 pm

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick! How can you do that, Medrich?! Like C, Im a total wimp!!! Iv chickened out of loads of stuff- like the Playstation ride at Blackpool and Oblivion at Alton Towers!!! :oops: Yeah Iv got a sensitive stomach too- Im always ill with something (I was apparantly a sickly child lol!) but I do love planes as Iv gotten used to them now!!!! Gimmie a plane ride any day over going to a supposed 'fun' theme park, hee hee!!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby medrich11 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:46 pm

i love trhew rides where they spin you round with a wall at your back and you are forced against the wall then they spin you so that you are horizontal. I climb up and by the time the ride ends I am upside down at the top of the booth- there's something abou me and being upside-down. I love it!!!!!
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby Xx_vampire_xX » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:48 pm

The Waltzers a the best. I love the feeling of not really beign there lol. I love my rides Ive been to Drayton Manor and Funderworld which are for me the best places for rides. But Ive never beent o Alton Towers. Maybe we should have a dyspraxic day at Alton Towers lol. Who ever is the last to be sick wins lol.
Xx_vampire_xX
Super Poster

Postby medrich11 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:50 pm

I WILL WIN!!! I have never been sick unless I have hads food poisoning.
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby fuzzy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:58 pm

oh god I couldnt stomach it! Id loose; be first out, in fact! LOL!!! I feel ill at the thought/ prospect of big rides! *looks pale and sickly at the thought*
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Xx_vampire_xX » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:03 pm

Xx_vampire_xX
Super Poster

Postby fuzzy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:10 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all look dreadfull why put yourself throught he fear, why?!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat