I feel uncomfortable

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

I feel uncomfortable

Postby Remus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I can't believe what just happened. Just another reason why I shouldn't go on Facebook. Anyway, normally when I'm on FB, I put chat offline as I like to explore and do other things and not be disturbed. It was offline tonight but somehow it came back on again and one of my classmates sent a message to me via another classmate's account and asked whether I had done Animal Husbandry work yet. I replied back and said working on it now, super boring or something like that and I asked whether he had done his and he replied back no, can I send a copy of my work to him so he can see if he is on the right track?

This made me feel really uncomfortable and obviously
the answer is no. For one, I'm not sure myself whether I am on the right track and I could get into seriously trouble for giving other students my work. I don't even know him at all, he could easily copy and plagiarism my work which would then get flagged and before you know, the college is going over all your entire work. I don't mind help people but at Level 5, that is really taking the mickey. In ND, when we were unsure, me and James would have quick look at each other's work but we wouldn't keep the copies.

I didn't reply, I got off fast and now I'm worried that he is going to take offence and do the whole backstabbing routine as to me, he seems the sort to be quite mean if he doesn't get want he wants. Am I just being paranoid and going over the top or am I right to be concerned?
Remus
Site Admin

Re: I feel uncomfortable

Postby wadey » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

No, you did the right thing. if you have trouble from this person then you should tell your tutor
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I agree with Wadey-you did the right thing.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 am

I agree with Wadey you did the right thing if he starts with you tell your tutaot that he asked for your work
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Super Nekou » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

I agree with everyone else. Let your tutor know, and if the guy questions as to why you didnt reply say you closed FB by accident or something if you dont want to antagonise him.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Postby Creative » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm

I also agree with everyone else.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Super Nekou wrote:if the guy questions as to why you didnt reply say you closed FB by accident or something if you dont want to antagonise him.

Or you're internet stopped working.
Like everyone else, I agree. you did the right thing.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I agree with ChocFC and Super Nekou. Make up a tactful excuse if you don't want to come out with the real reason.

Whenever people asked to read my work, I used to offer to look at theirs instead and make suggestions. That way they weren't copying from me, and they still got some help if they needed it. They were always happy with this arrangement. If you don't want to critique someone else's work, just say, "I'm not confident about getting it right myself, I'm still trying to find my feet at this level," or something like that. If the person isn't out to copy, but is just nervous about getting it right, he'll understand as he'll be feeling the same way.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks everybody. I used a good old computer gone crazy excuse in the end and it worked, he didn't say anything so I assume he just thinks I didn't get the message.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby award » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

i agree you made the right decision but if he does ask right i think its goodto make an excuse so he doeset take offence to it
-------------------------------------
Adam
award
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

I think you did the right thing, I don't know what I would of done.
07williamsdj

Postby Super Nekou » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm glad to hear it went alright. : D
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Return to Study Support