Who's dyspraxia causes problems with food here?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Who's dyspraxia causes problems with food here?

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I love most foods, the main problem is getting it to my mouth without making a mess.
07williamsdj

Postby Kirbster12 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:44 am

I used to not really like pasta, but now I LOVE it! somethimes have it three times a week! My mum makes amazing pasta with creamy sauce and bacon and mushrooms, which I had last night. Another type of pasta I love is tomatoey pasta with loads of melted cheese on top, Mmmmmm....Yummy! I like most sorts of pasta, but my favourite would have to be penne. It's so simple.

I have a bit of a thing for tomatoes! when I was younger, I ate so many that it gave me rash!
I really hate curries, rice and most forms of egg(pancakes are and obvious exception!). I love mushrooms! Especially on pizza or in pasta (Is anyone noticing a theme, here?)!
The meal I have most often is chicken kievs (garlic or ham and cheese)! Once I had them every day for a week!
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby MinogueLover » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I HATE HATE HATE broccoli and cauliflower! I like peas and carrots are okay, as long as they are not mushy :)
MinogueLover

Postby Shining_Star » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:26 am

I love how it changed to a pasta convotions lol. I love pasta. Can't stand just cooked carttos, and I have this werid thing with oil i can not stand to much oil, it makes me feel sick. It only been like that for the last 18 months. otherwise I normal eat anything and everything, I am really just a fatty pie in a thin person body pahahaha. xx
Shining_Star

Postby Wolf Spirit » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm a very picky eater. I don't like a lot of vegetables at all, but I love raw carrot. I've never liked carrot cooked. My worst vegetables are peas because I can't swallow them and I have to spit them out straight away. I like pasta but I don't eat it a lot. I love sweet stuff and salty stuff. I like some fruit like red apple and grapes, and I love red peppers, which I eat quite a bit.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby jpowls » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:44 am

This is an interesting thread. I've never linked food preferences to dyspraxia and I wouldnt say I'm a fussy eater but I recognise a lot of stuff I'm this thread.

I could eat pasta everyday if you let me.

And I absolutely loath salad or any kind of "leaves" (lettuce, rocket, cabbage etc) it's like eating watery sandpaper. I also hate any rough like chick peas, they're absolutely vile.
jpowls

Postby Creative » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 pm

I hate chick peas too!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

when i was younger I used to only eat jelly, yoghurt and bounborns. even though i now eat a much more variety of food i dont really like food that much.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm actually really interested now since what most people have said they don't like- I don't like.

So I like the taste of oranges but I don't like eating oranges.
I'm quite fussy with ham, I will only have it in a toastie and today my fork was touching a piece of ham which was in my bowl that my Mum put in (I refused to eat the ham) but I also refused to use the fork because the fork had touched the ham.

I could eat pasta for ever.

I like strawberries alot, (not because of the taste- I just like them and could eat millions of them)

I also like tinned mango. And jelly.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 am

I love pasta! :) My favourite kind is wholemeal ( which a lot of people don‘t seem to like!) I‘m having pasta and cheese for breakfast :lol: to my mind it doesn‘t really matter what time a meal is eaten, as l long as I get something proper down me :)
I used to be very picky with my food. I am not so bad with it now, but I used to be terrible. I refused to eat: meat, vegetables, fruit, sauces, fish, anything mashed (potatoes, carrots etc) and the list of what I would eat became smaller and smaller until I was only eating pasta, potatoes, bread and chocolate. I was malnourished and underweight. But slowly I reintroduced fish, then meat, then other foods. My diet still isn‘t great, but I‘m a lot better now! :)
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby lycanfist » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Like super nekou said, I can't eat anything juicy, most times they make me gag, especially tomatoes :cry:
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby Creative » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I hate wholemeal pasta and wholemeal bread. I think it's horrible.
I need to eat regular meals or I feel really tired.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Bri97 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Im so glad you posted that Im just the same. My parents especially my dad yelled at me a lot about my eating habits and I thought I was being fussy and spoilt but they didnt understand I couldnt physically eat it even things like a sandwhich I gag at which is pretty embarrasing especially when I am eating out, I think part of the problem for me is that I have a really strong sense of smell so if something smells bad then I just cant eat it. :P :P
Bri97
Power Poster

Postby Liz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 am

wadey wrote:when i was younger I used to only eat jelly, yoghurt and bounborns

When I was younger I used to be much more of a "picky eater" as well, I focussed on all kinds of meat (sounds not that delicious anymore when I think back :lol: ). But I still reject certain foods with regard to their texture. I cannot stand soup, joghurt (and other creamy textures) and I just don't like fruits. Which is bad for my health, I know, but I just can't eat them :?
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby scarlette_gee » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 am

[color=#FF0080]im 14 and such a picky eater that i eat the same thing for lunch everyday
:oops: and you can list all the things i eat on half an a5 sheet :shock:
scarlette_gee

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat