P.E

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

P.E

Postby olivia5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi,
I'm in year 10 and i really hate P.E is there anyone here that finds it really hard and your the last one to be picked for a team cause they know your not going to be very good because you have Dyspraxia ? I try to get out of it now because i find ball skills really hard.
olivia5
Advanced Member

Re: P.E

Postby Steph » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:46 pm

My school days were a long time ago (I am 24 now) but I still remember all the PE disasters I had. I remember spending an entire PE class in Year 6 trying to learn how to skip. Everybody else could do it with confidence but I kept tripping over the damn thing! Towards the end of the class, I lost my temper and threw the skipping rope to one side and stormed off in tears. My class teacher, who was a really understanding guy, came over to talk to me and explained that it wasn't the end of the world that I couldn't skip and that such a coordinated task was always going to be very difficult for me. Another time, during my first ever PE lesson in secondary school, where nobody else had transferred from my primary school and thus nobody knew about my difficulties, a classmate became confused as I was so hesitant around the ball and was debating whether to throw it to me or not. Another girl who I had only just met that day said witheringly, "Oh, just throw it to her! It will teach her to stop being such a spastic!" Then there were the times when my classmates groaned or audibly sighed in frustration when I was put in their team for netball/other team activities. It didn't get any better until my GCSE years as we were allowed to choose 2 activities to do in PE for the whole of the GCSE years so I chose swimming and trampolining, both of which I could cope well with, even if I did need the PE teachers to help me climb onto the trampoline :oops:

I personally think that as long as you are getting a sufficient amount of exercise outside school, you should be allowed to opt out of PE because of your coordination problems-there are a couple of posters on here who have done that. Speak to your SENCO about it and see what they say.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby olivia5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi,

I don't have any comments but i'm always the last one to get picked. Yes I hate any ball skills, i can skip but not very well, you've had worse experience. Thanks
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Im last to be picked too. I have not got very good ball skills, sometimes when I attempt to play football I miss it completely! I am getting better at catching after practising allot. I used to be good at skipping with a rope but I have not done that in years, and I still do get groaning sometimes when im randomly picked for a team.
07williamsdj

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I strongly detest the thing. People are sometimes like, 'Oh, you could've caught that'! Grr. Doesn't help I'm afraid of balls...
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby olivia5 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Yes I agree with you!

I had to play badminton the other day and my friends were huffing because i couldn't hit it back and me and my friend were loosing every match! I felt sorry for my friend because she wanted to win. I cannot hit it and i'm the only one i feel so useless.

I hope to hear other peoples stories as i'm very intrested to hear as i'm not the only one who hates P.E and feels useless in P.E lessons

Thanks!
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 pm

*hugs* Yes, P.E. can be a nightmare for dyspraxic students. I remember it well.

The worst part was the changing rooms, though that was to do with being bullied for a non-dyspraxia-related reason.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I used to get bullied in the changing rooms as well Esther.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby olivia5 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 pm

I go to a very small school so everyone is understanding but they go well done but then will turn around and say i can't believe she couldn't hit that and laugh at me. I really just want to give it up i hate it so much. It gets worse in the summer because when you do sports day everyone looks at you and your always the one who has to be shown again and everyone is huffing because you've taken too long and been shown the same thing so many times!
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby olivia5 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 pm

I go to a very small school so everyone is understanding but they go well done but then will turn around and say i can't believe she couldn't hit that and laugh at me. I really just want to give it up i hate it so much. It gets worse in the summer because when you do sports day everyone looks at you and your always the one who has to be shown again and everyone is huffing because you've taken too long and been shown the same thing so many times!
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby kitty123 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 pm

i hate pe too i try every excuse in the book i managed to get my teacher to belive i had a disorder that means i have to sleep if i get tired :) i suddeny get tired every pe lesson or i go to the nurse i manage to give a diffrent excuse every lesson and they gave up trying to make me do it its just a case of do what you can and ignore the ones that say your rubbish its only words
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby k9ruby » Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

I could give you some excuses if you like. :mrgreen:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby olivia5 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone could help me but i've started doing ball skills in P.E and i've been finding it a bit boring and i'm not really sure what else to do? :/ , i've been offered to do walking but that's not really helping me. i need to suggest more things to my SENCO but not sure what i could do with a friend in the P.E lessons?

Thanks
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby Zoee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 pm

I hate pe too :P it helps that i have a group of friends in my class that dont particually enjoy it either :)
my coordination is terrible and the teacher always has a go at me, saying 'you live in your own world, you have a zone where you convince yourself that you can't do anything and so you dont try.' 'well i cant do it miss..' 'no, you just dont try.'
i ignore her generally, but its times when she threatens to give me 'one to one lessons' at lunch times, that annoys me. i cant catch very well at all, cant hit the ball with the softball bat either i dont really want to spend another forty minutes each day on that :P so i dont really try and just have a laugh with my friends all lesson. running is another thing, cant get out of it by acting stupid and fooling around, i always come last and as much as i honestly wouldnt care, its the fact all the horrible girls are judging me at this point, and some of my 'friends' ask to go in my team, saying that they're rubbish and they think i'm good, i think they just do it to make themselves feel better. i dont blame them, if i could choose someone worse than me i would, but i find it hard to find these people :P xx
One Advantage Of Being Disorderly Is That One Is Constantly Making New Discoveries - Winnie The Pooh <3
Zoee

Postby angela63 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:27 pm

How many people make a living from sport? P E is not important, don't worry
angela63

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat