Embarrassing Bodies

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Embarrassing Bodies

Postby xFCJ1995 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:07 pm

I was just wondering if anyone watched Embarrassing Bodies last night - it had a small section on Dyspraxia and co-ordination difficulties, which was quite interesting and I didn't expect it!

If you didn't watch it it's on www.channel4.com/4od

:)
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Re: Embarrassing Bodies

Postby Steph » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah I watched it. I thought it was a good starting point for awareness of dyspraxia, if a bit vague, although my worry is that people who have no interest in researching more into the condition will simply think it's about spilling drinks when it's about so much more than that and, yet again, only the physical element of it was highlighted.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby xFCJ1995 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:02 pm

I agree with you there, it certainly was brief, and only really said what is outwardly obvious to anyone who knows someone with dyspraxia, but didn't go into the more complex, less obvious side such as thought processing and writing.

However, despite what it's lacked in substantiality it was a good introduction to dyspraxia, as it is not nearly as well known as dyslexia :)
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Postby Creative » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I did watch it but I wasn't impressed with what was said. Also why was it on Embarrassing Bodies? Dyspraxia isn't an embarrassing illness!!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Well I guess people might see constantly spilling drinks and dropping things as embarrassing so maybe that's why.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Andreiguy » Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 pm

I hate to admit but I have sometimes been embarrassed socially this probably because of some of the social "problems" I have.
Also some see me as the disabled kid, "retard" "spaz" and due to using a laptop in class "Steven hawking" :oops: so in that way it is a bit embarrassing.
However I agree that its not a great thing to say as it isnt always, in fact even tough the show is great I disapprove of the name of the show.
:D
Nuff Said
Andreiguy

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat